How Whitepages Works
Many Whitepages reviews out there will tell you that this company derives its data from public and criminal records across 50 states. The platform requires you to sign up for an account before accessing their services, including Whitepages reverse phone lookup, as well as Whitepages address lookup.
Finding people on Whitepages is straightforward, especially when you know their full names. Here is the process:
- Locate the “Whitepages People Search” section from the website.
- Enter the individual’s full name if you know it.
- Search their location. Knowing the location helps speed up the search process.
- Select the search icon to find the individual’s address and phone number.
You can also find other details from Whitepages lookup services, including criminal records, marriage records, phone numbers, and traffic records.
Whitepages Review - Sign Up and Cost
Whitepages offers more than five plans for its customers, depending on what they are searching for. These plans are usually affordable to many customers, and they require you to create an account before accessing them. They include free, monthly, and annual subscriptions and are divided as follows:
- Full story plan for $14.99.
- Contact lookup for $3.99.
- One-time premium lookup for $1.99.
- Background report for $9.99.
- Contact lookup bundle of three for $7.99.
- Background report bundle of three for $16.99.
- The website has a user-friendly app.
- It adheres to Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) regulations.
- It is affordable to many U.S. clients.
- It offers a free background check subscription.
- Some users have complained about hidden costs.
- It is only available in the U.S.
- It does not guarantee a 100% accuracy.
Whitepages Review: Customer Experience and Service
Whitepages claims to reach out to its customers whenever it detects a problem with their accounts. More importantly, they have invested in two apps for android and iOS users. After detecting a problem, users can use these apps to reach Whitepages’ customer service;
- They can submit a ticket to Whitepages’ Help Center.
- They can use Whitepages address to send their customer support team an email ([email protected]).
- Premium subscribers can call Whitepages’ customer support team for assistance.
Whitepages Review: User Reviews
Whitepages customer reviews range from one online platform to the other. For instance, the platform is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (B.B.B.). Besides, the company has been operating since 1997 and claims to have been endorsed by Forbes, the New York Times, American Broadcasting Cooperation (A.B.C.), the Wall Street Journal, and C.B.S.
However, some users claim that Whitepages was hacked in the past, and its data dumped into a data dump. Others have cited problems relating to purchases, including credit card payments, customer support, and inaccurate information.
Should You Choose Whitepages?
Besides the benefits mentioned above, there are other reasons you might want to choose Whitepapers. For instance, despite its data not being 100% accurate, Whitepages is a legitimate platform. It is also excellent at researching lost addresses or phone numbers. Thirdly, the site is FCRA-Compliant, easy to navigate, and comes with features such as TenantCheck and SmartCheck.
How to Remove Your Information from Whitepages
Whitepages allows you to remove your information from their database. Although the process is straightforward, ensure you give the most accurate information to speed up the removal process. Here are the steps to follow;
- Enter your full name.
- Locate the listing with the most accurate information about yourself.
- Copy the URL of the page containing your information.
- Locate Whitepages’ opt-out form.
- Paste the copied URL and select “Opt-out”.
- Confirm the information and click “Remove Me”.
- Select the reason you want to opt-out of Whitepages from the given list.
- Enter your phone number to verify your identity via call.
- Provide the verification code to complete the removal process.
How to Cancel a Whitepages Subscription
Besides removing your information from Whitepages, the people’s search engine website allows you to cancel your subscription. Here is the process you must follow when canceling subscriptions such as reverse phone lookup Whitepages plan.
- Visit Whitepages website and log in with your credentials.
- Locate the “My Account” option in the upper right corner.
- Click the “Purchases and Billing” option.
- Select the “Subscription Status” option.
- Choose the “Cancel Auto-Removal” option.
Competitors and Alternatives
Our Whitepages review features other public search engines besides Whitepages. The websites are reliable and allow you to find people's phone numbers, addresses, tenant information, and other public records. They include but are not limited to:
Whitepages’ slogan is “Search, Find, Know.” Although It is one of the biggest data brokers in the U.S., this platform is not a consumer reporting agency according to Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. Sec. 1681 et seq. (“FCRA”). That means you can’t use it for official screening purposes, including consumer credit, insurance, and employment. Besides, the website’s data is not 100% accurate. However, the Whitepages TenantCheck program is FCRA-compliant.