How Spokeo.com Works
Like many sites of its kind, spokeo.com ensures its services are easy to access. Typically, the user needs to enter the search details, tap on the “Search Now” button, and wait for a report to be given. Below are some of the primary services offered by spokeo.com:
- Spokeo.com people search: Here, you are required to visit the spokeo.com webpage, click on the “People” tab, enter the full name of the individual you are looking for, and click the “Search Now” button.
- Spokeo.com reverse phone lookup: With this feature, the consumer is required to search for personal information by entering a 10-digit phone number and then selecting the “Search Now” button.
- Spokeo.com address search: This allows users to search for people’s information by entering their addresses.
- Spokeo.com email address search: The feature allows you to search for personal information by entering a person’s email address. It normally gives information associated with the email found on the individual’s social media pages.
Spokeo.com Review: Sign Up and Cost
The sign-up process at spokeo.com involves the following steps:
- Visit www.spokeo.com.
- On the top right corner, select the ‘Sign Up button.
- Provide a valid email address and create a password.
- Finish creating the account and log into your account to enjoy Spokeo services.
Spokeo.com also offers a mobile app. You can download and install the app to enjoy spokeo.com services available on its official website. There is also an option of signing up and accessing your account via Facebook and google accounts.
In terms of cost, spokeo.com provides basic information searches for free. Besides, you can subscribe to the spokeo.com membership plan to access more detailed reports. Currently, the company is offering a three-month membership plan for $14.95 per month and a one-month member
- The site is easy to use.
- On this search engine, basic information searches are free of charge.
- It has billions of records in its database.
- It has a relatively reliable customer care team.
- The company provides users with in-depth and accurate reports.
- Spokeo.com claims that your search history remains anonymous.
- The site is secured using the latest SSL encryption to prevent crucial information about your credit card from falling into the wrong hands.
- Users must pay for comprehensive searches offered by spokeo.com.
- Sometimes, the site offers court reports at an extra cost.
Spokeo.com Review: Customer service and Experience
Spekeo.com has unique customer service. It offers a “Help Center” page where you can search your query on the provided search box.
For more pressing questions, you can call spokeo.com’s customer care on 1 (888) 906-0849 for a faster response. Alternatively, you can send your queries via the spokeo.com email address [email protected].
Finally, you can chat with spokeo.com customer care representatives via a live chat feature. The best part is that the customer care team is available seven days a week. The email is available throughout the day, phone number support is available from 5 AM to 8 PM daily, and live chat feature is available from 6 AM to 6 PM daily.
Spokeo.com Review: User Reviews
Since Spokeo started offering its services in the U.S, it has received both positive and negative reviews from users. Websites like alexa.com portray spokeo.com as a trustworthy site. In August 2022, consumeraffairs.com gave this company a consumer rating of 3.1 stars. On the other hand, sitejabber.com gives spokeo.com a rating of 2.3 stars from 996 reviews, whereas Trustpilot gives spokeo.com 1.3 stars from 188 user reviews.
Depending on individual preference, user reviews vary from one consumer to the other. Let’s look at some of the reviews left by consumers on various websites.
Tamera left a comment on consumeraffairs.com saying that she used the Spokeo reverse phone lookup feature to search for a number and got results on time. The whole experience was exciting, and she recommended others to use this site.
On the contrary, a user named Mr. C on Trustpilot complained that he performed a search under the free trial feature and got charged $24.95 without his consent. He continued to say that such practices are unethical and wouldn’t recommend anyone to use spokeo.com.
Should You Choose Spokeo.com?
You may choose this site considering the fact that its customer support is available seven days a week. However, it’s important to note that Spokeo is not a consumer reporting agency in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Therefore, it is not advisable to use this site when making decisions about tenant screening, employment, and other purposes covered under FCRA.
How to Remove Your Information from Spokeo.com
Below is a step-by-step guide on how you can remove your data from spokeo.com:
- Visit Spokeo’s official website and enter your personal details.
- Hit the “Search” button and locate your correct listing.
- Click on your information to copy the URL link with your details.
- Visit https://www.spokeo.com/opt-out/ and fill in the relevant details, including the copied URL.
- Click on the verification link sent to your email.
- Go to the final confirmation page and for Spokeo to remove your data. This may take up to 72 hours.
How to Cancel a Spokeo.com Subscription
You can cancel your Spokeo subscription at any time. All you need to do is log into your account, visit the ‘Manage Account’ section and select the ‘Cancel’ button. Once all this is done, Spokeo.com will send you an email confirming that it has stopped renewing its services.
Competitors and Alternatives?
Other sites offering similar services to spokeo.com include: