How Does Peoplefinder.com Work?
The website is designed with an easy-to-use interface to allow consumers to access their desired information easily. To get information from this site, you can visit its webpage from any browser of your choice. Once there, the website will offer you different ways in which you can use it to conduct searches. Here are some of them:
- Peoplefinder.com people search: After visiting the website, click on the “Name” tab at the top of the PeopleFinder home page to search for the information of the people you want. Ensure you enter the correct names, city, and state of the individual you are looking for on the provided search box. Finally, click on the “Search” tab and agree to terms and conditions to receive your results, including the person’s current address, relatives, aliases, prior addresses, etc.
- Peoplefinder.com phone lookup: This feature operates similarly to the people search feature. However, in this case, you will be required to enter the phone number of the person you are looking for and click on the “Search” button. As a result, you will get the individual’s name and other details associated with their phone number.
- Peoplefinder.com address lookup: With this feature, you can look up an individual’s address, even if the address is the only information you have about them.
Peoplefinder.com Review: Sign Up and Cost
You do not have to create an account with peoplefinder.com when accessing basic services. However, you must create an account and give your payment credentials if you want a more detailed report, including background checks.
With a monthly subscription of $24.95, you can access an unlimited number of search reports, including relatives, aliases, and known associates of the person you are looking for. In addition, peoplefinder.com charges $1.95 for a single report on a person, whereas an extensive background check report costs $9.95 per month. Finally, it’s important to note that this company accepts all major credit cards.
- The website is easy to use.
- It provides users with a free downloadable application.
- The company collects its data from millions of records.
- The company claims that your searches remain anonymous when using its services.
- It has the option of purchasing single reports.
- Most of the basic services offered at peoplefinder.com are free.
- It lacks a social media/username lookup search.
- Its pricing options can be higher for some people.
- Sometimes, the website takes longer to display the requested information.
Peoplefinder.com Review: Customer Experience and Service
According to most peoplefinder.com reviews, this company offers relatively reliable customer support services. As such, you can reach peoplefinder.com’s customer care at 800-718-8997 if you have a burning issue regarding the site.
You can also write them an email via [email protected]. These two methods are available 24/7.
However, it’s always important to visit the FAQ section before contacting the customer support team. The section features basic questions regarding the peoplefinder.com webpage.
Peoplefinder.com: User Reviews
Peoplefinder.com was launched more than 20 years ago. Since then, the company has served millions of US citizens, and as a result, it has received both positive and negative criticism.
For instance, Techradar.com gave peoplefinder.com a 4-star consumer rating in 2021. Moreover, Sitejabber.com gives the site a rating of 1.18 stars from 178 user reviews. Let’s take a look at a few observations from users.
A user named JB from sitejabber.com notes that the website is extremely helpful and comes at a cheaper cost compared to other people’s search websites. According to this user, the site comes in handy when one needs detailed reports about other people.
Other users at sitejabber.com complained about the cancellation of their peoplefinder.com subscriptions, calling it a fraud. Some noted that they even tried to reach out to the company customer care desk but did not receive any help.
Should You Choose Peoplefinder.com
Overall, peoplefinder.com is an excellent option if you are looking for a website to search for people’s information in the US. As mentioned earlier, the website scours through billions of records to offer reliable results. Besides, you can access basic searches for free or subscribe to get more detailed reports.
How to Remove Your Information from peoplefinder.com
If you wish to remove your data from peoplefinder.com, you can call or email the customer care desk and request them to do so. However, the most common and efficient method is an online opt-out. Here are the steps:
- Visit their opt-out page, https://www.peoplefinders.com/manage.
- Locate your name and click on the “This Is Me” button.
- Click the “Opt-Out my info” tab.
- Tick on the boxes and run the reCAPTCHA.
- The website will redirect you to a confirmation page, and your information will be deleted.
How to Cancel a Peoplefinder.com Subscription
The fastest way to cancel a peoplefinder.com subscription is to call the company’s customer care desk and ask them not to renew your subscription. Alternatively, you can cancel a subscription on your own using the following steps:
- Log into your account and visit the main dashboard.
- Select the “Your Account” option.
- From the account settings, locate and click on the membership package you need to be canceled.
- Select the “Cancel Membership” tab to confirm you want your subscription canceled.
Competitors and Alternatives
Most people have come to embrace the services provided by people-search websites. With this increase in demand, more sites are mushrooming by the day.
Peoplefinder.com is just one company in a long list of similar service providers. Here are some of its competitors and alternatives: